AFTERCARE FOR EYEBROWS
Be prepared for the colour to be significantly sharper and darker immediately after the treatment. This will subside and become lighter as the tissue heals. This process can take up to 14 days.
Proper care following your enhancement is necessary to achieve the best results. Please review the following instructions and refer to them as necessary. If during the healing process you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.
You may experience the following symptoms for the first few days which are common during healing process:
Minor swelling and redness, mild tenderness
Itchiness in and around the treatment area.
Dry flaking skin (due to scabbing).
Daily care to follow for 1 week
- Apply a healing balm (supplied, a maximum of 3 times a day. Please wash your hands before applying the product, and to prevent cross-contamination of the product use a clean cotton bud for each eyebrow)
We recommend that you use a gentle facial cleanser to freshen your skin but do not use directly on brows or during the first week. Do not splash wash your face.
- You can apply a thick layer of Vaseline to your enhancement when washing your hair to prevent it from becoming wet. Remove the Vaseline with a clean dry tissue – gently blot them away.
- If your enhancement gets wet, gently pat the area dry using a clean tissue and blow dry if possible.
- Keep your hair away from your enhancement (especially your fringe for at least first 2 days) to prevent the possibility of infection.
- Itching is normal. Please DO NOT PICK, PEEL OR RUB your enhancement as the colour may heal unevenly and you could risk infection, which in turn could lead to scarring. Allow the colour to flake naturally.
- Do not undergo any skincare beauty treatments for at least 5 days after the application of your enhancement.
- No make-up should be applied close to your enhancement during this time.
Avoid for 2 weeks
- Do not expose your enhancement directly to sunlight, tanning treatments, jacuzzis, saunas, salt water, chlorinated pools and direct shower spray. Usage of a hat, sunglasses or sun block is suggested for the outdoor.
- Do not tint, wax, peels, electrolysis or laser hair removal treatments close to the enhancement region.
Please note your selected colour will be more striking and sharply defined for 10 to 14 daysafter treatment but as the healing process occurs the colour will soften and lighten up to 60%.
The approximate initial healing period is 14 days, however healing can be prolonged if your immune system is compromised, or if you are generally stressed and by poor diet.
Bear in mind that in many cases, some unevenness of colour is to be expected. This is the purpose of the re-touch visit allowing us to fine tune your enhancement. This is included in the initial cost, however if you do not attend your scheduled re-touch appointment you will be charged for any further treatment.
Long term care
Use a good sunscreen as sun exposure will fade your enhancements.
If you are scheduled to have a chemical peel, laser procedure or an MRI scan, please inform the technician of your permanent cosmetics. Please inform the National Blood Service if you donate blood, as you may not be eligible to give blood for a year post application.
AFTERCARE FOR EYES
All of the above plus:
- No makeup on eyes for at least 72 hours.
- A new mascara must be used after the 72 hours period to avoid infection.
- No need to apply aftercare balm on eyes as eyes are naturally moist.
AFTERCARE FOR LIPS
All of the above plus:
- Drink through a straw for the first few days.
- Apply balm as necessary to keep lips moist.
- Eat clean dry foods or with cutlery to avoid getting the lips dirty and avoid spicy and salty foods.
- No kissing until scabs have completely come off.